Delicious Cabbage with pork/beef filling
Ingredients (Serves 2)
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls:
- 4 medium-sized cabbage leaves
- 300g mixture of minced pork and beef
- 1 egg
- 1 bread Roll
- milk (to moisten the bread)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ground black pepper
- crushed cumin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green onion
- 100g root vegetables
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 spoons tomato paste
- a pinch of the mixture of juniper berries, allspice, black pepper and bay leaf
- 200-300ml beef stock
- Stir-fry chopped onion and root vegetables in butter; add flour and cook until lightly brown.
- Add tomato paste, season with salt and pepper, and pour in the stock.
- Season the sauce with sugar, vinegar, and salt. Boil thoroughly and strain.
- Blanch cabbage leaves in salted boiling water (remove hard ribs), drain and spread them on a board.
- On each leaf, place mince combined with egg, moistened bread roll, chopped onion, pressed garlic, salt and pepper.
- Roll up the leaves, put them in a casserole dish, pour in the sauce and simmer slowly for about 20-25 minutes.
- Serve with bread roll dumpling, boiled potatoes, or bread.
Prep time: 20 minutes
Cook time: 40 minutes