Mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms! This and a lot more recipes you can find in "A Taste of Slovakia" book, available for only £14.99 in our shop.
Ingredients (Serves 4)
SPAGUETTHI THE SLOVAK STYLE:
- 400g Spaghetti
- 400g Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 100g Oštiepok cheese
- Oil for frying
- Clean and cut the oyster mushrooms.
- Peel and chop the onion.
- Put it in a pan with a little oil and fry over a medium heat until lightly brown.
- Add the mushrooms and stew for about 15 minutes, adding water if needed. The mushrooms should half-covered in liquids during the stewing process.
- While the mushrooms are cooking, peel and crush the garlic.
- Grate the cheese.
- Add the garlic to the mushrooms and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
- Stew for another 5 minutes, then throw in the paprika and stir well. Put to one side.
- Cook Spaghetti according to instructions on the packet.
- Strain in a large sieve and divide onto serving plates.
- Spoon the cooked mushrooms on top of each spaghetti portion and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
Prep time: 10 minutes
Cook time: 20 minutes
Total time: 30 minutes