Premium herbal teas – sip your way to health
Herbal teas are made when herbs or spices are infused in water, and can be drunk hot or cold. They are distinct from ‘true’ teas because they contain no tea-leaves or caffeine. Many people drink herbal teas for their medicinal benefits as well as the delicious taste.
Being purely plant-based, these herbal teas are free from artificial chemicals, preservatives, flavourings and aromas. You can buy them in boxes of 20 teabags, each weighing 1.5g. We particularly recommend:
Leros Peppermint Tea
People have been taking peppermint for medicinal purposes since Ancient Egyptian times, and peppermint tea is commonly drunk around the world today.
There is some evidence that peppermint oil relaxes the muscles along the intestinal tract, so is useful in treating digestive problems. It’s also used for its calming effect in case of nervousness and insomnia.
Either way, you’ll love the minty scent and delicate menthol flavor of Leros Peppermint Tea.
- Ingredients: Peppermint
- Method: Pour 0.25 litres of boiling water over one teabag and leave to infuse for 5-7 minutes. Always prepare fresh
- Advice: Not suitable for children aged under three
Leros Urological Tea
The ingredients in this urological tea have been specially chosen to contribute to the normal function of the urinary tract. The plant substances help promote the excretion of urine, to wash away unwanted metabolites from the body and help to strengthen the function of the kidneys, urinary tract and bladder. Cranberry juice is included to protect the mucosa of the urinary tract.
You should drink this tea luke-warm – two to four cups a day for adults, or one to two cups a day for children aged six or over.
- Ingredients: Heather stem (25%), Hibiscus blossom/flower (25%), Goldrenrod stem (20%), Anise (15%), Pericarp/seed vessel of rosehip (10%), Cranberry (5%)
- Method: Pour 0.25 litres of boiling water over one teabag and leave to infuse for 10 minutes in a covered container. Always prepare fresh.
- Advice: Not suitable for children aged under six. If you have chronic kidney disease or oedema (swelling) caused by heart or kidney problems, please consult your doctor before drinking this tea. Do not use if you are hypersensitive to any of the ingredients. Do not exceed the stated dose.