STUFFED CABBAGE LEAVES
Delicious Cabbage with pork/beef filling
Stuffed Cabbage Rolls:
- 4 medium-sized cabbage leaves
- 300g mixture of minced pork and beef
- 1 egg
- 1 bread Roll
- milk (to moisten the bread)
- 1 onion
- 1 clove garlic
- ground black pepper
- crushed cumin
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 green onion
- 100g root vegetables
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 4 spoons tomato paste
- a pinch of the mixture of juniper berries, allspice, black pepper and bay leaf
- 200-300ml beef stock
1. Stir-fry chopped onion and root vegetables in butter; add flour and cook until lightly brown.
2. Add tomato paste, season with salt and pepper, and pour in the stock.
3. Season the sauce with sugar, vinegar, and salt. Boil thoroughly and strain.
4. Blanch cabbage leaves in salted boiling water (remove hard ribs), drain and spread them on a board.
5. On each leaf, place mince combined with egg, moistened bread roll, chopped onion, pressed garlic, salt and pepper.
6. Roll up the leaves, put them in a casserole dish, pour in the sauce and simmer slowly for about 20-25 minutes.
7. Serve with bread roll dumpling, boiled potatoes, or bread.
Serving: 1-2 Serves