SPAGUETTHI THE SLOVAK STYLE | ŠPAGETY NA SLOVENSKÝ SPÔSOB
Mushrooms, mushrooms, mushrooms! This and a lot more recipes you can find in "A Taste of Slovakia" book, available for only £14.99 in our shop.
SPAGUETTHI THE SLOVAK STYLE:
- 400g Spaghetti
- 400g Oyster Mushrooms
- 1 Small Onion
- 2 Cloves Garlic
- 1 Teaspoon Paprika
- Black Pepper
- Salt to taste
- 100g Oštiepok cheese
- Oil for frying
1. Clean and cut the oyster mushrooms.
2. Peel and chop the onion.
3. Put it in a pan with a little oil and fry over a medium heat until lightly brown.
4. Add the mushrooms and stew for about 15 minutes, adding water if needed. The mushrooms should half-covered in liquids during the stewing process.
5. While the mushrooms are cooking, peel and crush the garlic.
6. Grate the cheese.
7. Add the garlic to the mushrooms and season to taste with salt and black pepper.
8. Stew for another 5 minutes, then throw in the paprika and stir well. Put to one side.
9. Cook Spaghetti according to instructions on the packet.
10. Strain in a large sieve and divide onto serving plates.
11. Spoon the cooked mushrooms on top of each spaghetti portion and sprinkle with the grated cheese.
Serving: 4 Serves